Thursday, June 24, 2010

Doing THE Most after the Rock 'n' Roll Seattle

On June 26th, I'll be running 13.1 miles in Seattle. Over in Africa a family is walking over 26.2 miles (the length of a full marathon) to take their sick child to the nearest medical clinic. At the end of my race, I'll be celebrating with family and friends, while the same family in Africa is either relieved that their child made it in time or mourning the loss of a limb - or the death of their child. For me, 13.1 miles is a sport whereas for a kid in Africa, 13.1 miles is a matter of life and death. This year I will be running the Seattle Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon for the kids who didn't have a say in their circumstances and the families who will walk for days and miles for their child.

Join us as we celebrate and raise money for kids. We will be Doing THE Most!

No comments:

Post a Comment