Saturday, November 27, 2010

Dear Yoga, Running & Ranny Blog, I suck.

Dear Yoga, Running & Ranny blog--Oh, how I've missed thee. It seems as though I've neglected you once I completed my last half-marathon in June. To be honest, I haven't ran regularly since. I've probably ran a total of 10 miles since. And since I'm being honest, I haven't been as active and working out as hard as I've always been. My first excuse is to blame it on the weather and then on my demanding work schedule, but the reality is...is that I've been sluffin'!

Most people get comfortable when they're in a relationship but for me it appears to be the opposite. I've let myself go more than I ever have. And yes, my eating habits could be better... but as a singleite what am I to at dinner with friends and on dates? You don't want me to eat alone at home, do you? Currently, my motivation for going to the gym has been to watch CNN and Dancing with the Stars. I'm back on the elliptical after four years. I know I know, it's not the best workout, but it makes me sweat?

My ass is no longer a Forever 21 small. It's beginning to have a life of its own. Blog, I'm scared! My friends try to convince me that it's a good thing, but Blog, I don't want junk in my trunk. And when they told me that my metabolism slows down at 25, they weren't kidding. I find myself complaining about the size of my ass. I don't want to be that girl. Please, don't let me be that girl. I understand that I will never be a size 3 again, but I don't want to let myself go any further. I want to be obsessed with working out and being active again. Maybe, you can send a cute guy to the gym? Maybe, that'll motivate me? Okay fine, I'll do it your way... I'll quit complaining, stop making excuses and just do it.

Ugggghhhhhhh,
Ranny

P.S. I have a confession to make. I drink beer now. :(  I actually like it. BUUUUUT, I'm cutting down. If not, cutting it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment